Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 1

Yep, that's right. I'm doing an asylum challenge. Of course, all of the TS2 rules don't translate very well, but for the most part I did my best to keep with the spirit of the challenge. I used mostly simselves and a couple characters from legacy stories so I left their respective traits in order rather then randomized them. Other then that I stuck to the original rules, well except for one. I'll go into that later though. It took me forever to build this house, mostly because I wanted to make sure it was laid out well and had lots of decorations in every room. I'm not the best designer as far as aesthetics but hopefully, the house will prove to be very functional. The inmates got to love a back drop like that though.
Here is the first floor. On the top left hand corner is the shower/tub room. Next to it is the toilet room. They have separate entry ways. This should help alleviate some of the back up that's bound to happen when everyone needs to pee at once. On the lower left hand side is the kitchen. I put in an island because I think it looks nice but also so there's enough counter space. On the right hand side is the living area. It has a radio, mirror, guitar and bookshelf to keep the inmates occupied. In the back is a telescope and a small pond for their other skill building needs.
On the second floor is four bedrooms where the inmates can sleep when they're tired. That is if there's an open bed for them to sleep in.
Lets meet the inmates, shall we. From left to right: CatherineSimmer (she writes A Learnin' Legacy which is great when it comes to getting to know the game better), Aaroc (he writes the Asa and Nunya non-legacy stories), Eddie Roland (he's the founder of my legacy), Deanna Kendrick (she's the craziest member of the Kendrick's legacy) and my beloved husbands simself, Min.
The other two inmates are Sandra on the left (she writes the Perez legacy) and Heather in the middle (she writes the Kendricks legacy where Deanna comes from). On the right is my sim self. She's the one in charge of all these nut cases.
Insanity ensues immediately. Catherine sobs over the color of the fireplace. It should have been built using red oak not black walnut! The audacity.
Eddie wastes no time causing trouble between the inmates. He has quite the mean streak.
It didn't take long for Aaroc to join in the fun. Why is it my sim self and my hubby's sim self are the first to be attack!?! It's not like I plan on torturing them or anything like that...
As the true bookwarm she is, Heather headed right to the bookshelf. While everyone else got to know each other, be it in a good or bad way, Heather was happy to bury herself in a book.
My sim self wishes to become a master thief so there'll be lots of working out in her future. To decide on a lifetime wish I rolled a dice. It landed on five so I selected the fifth LTW available on the list. That's totally not what I would have chosen in real life but whatever...at least Aaroc's working out with my sim self.
The first order of business then (besides working out) is to get a job. Technically, my sim self can't leave the lot except for work and she has no computer so the newspaper's all she has to find her perfect job. Luckily, there was something open in the criminal career that first day.
Min and Aaroc both look a little disturbed by Catherine's playing. Actually, Min looks down right horrified. Good thing Catherine can't see their expressions. Practice can help, right?
Of course, insane, evil Deanna had to be the first inmate to cook. She'd probably start the kitchen on fire just for fun, not because she's a lousy cook or anything innocent like that.
After Catherine's poor performance, I'd say Min trying his fingers at the guitar is a bold move. I've never heard him play the guitar before so I'm sure he's terrible at it too!
Looks like Deanna managed not to burn the house down yet. My sim self looks very happy about the waffles she made for everyone. Maybe, she's not so bad after all. Yeah, right. Ever hear the saying, 'Keep your friends close, enemies closer'? I got my eye on her.
Min has drawn a crowd. Are they thinking he's good or are they thinking lets jump him so he'll stop? I'm going with the latter based on Catherine's face. I have a feeling these two aren't going to like each other very much.
Eddie: "Look, dude. This neighborhood isn't big enough for the both of us, let alone this house. Get in my way and I'll run you over!"
Aaroc: "Phht, I'm the Emperor of Evil."
Eddie: "Not in this neighborhood. You're a pathetic heart-breaker instead."
Maybe Min isn't so bad after all. Nobody was dancing to Catherine's playing. This is a house full of nut cases though so he could be playing terribly and they might not even notice or they might think he's on tune when he's totally not.
Let the drama begin, folks. Sandra better start getting used to feeling humiliated with eight sims in the asylum and only one toilet and one shower. Accidental walk ins are bound to happen.
Clearly, some may not care as much as others. I doubt his hygiene was really that low for a sponge bath but to each their own.
Ladies and gentlemen, let the stare down begin. The details of Eddie's underwear are perhaps even more disturbing then these two getting ready to brawl with each other.
I give Sandra a few more days before she completely loses it. She is definitely not in her element here. Doesn't she look terrified?
Bed time already? Well, lets see who gets to sleep. Min was first and he jumped into the double bed. How sweet. He wants to make sure he has a space saved for my sim self. Aw!
Heather was next to claim a bed.
My sim self knew she had to hurry if she wanted to sleep with her hubby so she hauled butt and claimed her spot. This is the part where I broke a rule. None of the sims in the asylum are suppose to have any type of previous relationships with each other but I set his sim self and my sim self up as married before moving us in. This way none of the crazy inmates think they can have him. Mwhahaha!
Sandra opted to sleep in the room that most matched her undies. I suppose that's as good a way to chose a bed as any. There's one bed left, who's gonna get it?
Aaroc beat Eddie to the bed by mere seconds.
To say the least, Eddie is not pleased by this. He contemplated pushing Sandra off this bed, but then he remembered something.
There's a lounge chair he can sleep in. It's not the ideal situation but it'll do the job. That's six sims down, what are the other two up to?
It seems Deanna is having her own little dance party. I wonder what she's really up to. There's no way that messed up mind of hers isn't plotting something.
Poor Catherine was left with everyone's mess to clean up. In all fairness though, nobody asked her to do anything. She could be dancing with Deanna if she wanted. She's probably already figured out that she doesn't want to be any closer to her then she has to be.
Can't you see the pure evil oozing out of her? Well, I can't but I know it's there and I'm bracing myself for when all hell breaks loose.
Eddie must have just been taking a short nap. He wasn't asleep for long before he was up and about again. Catherine made sure to snag his spot quick!
The early morning hours were approaching so Eddie decided to do a little stargazing before the sun rose.
Unfortunately, that didn't last long. Deanna finally showed signs of how truly dangerous she can be. Did you notice that she waited until nobody else was awake to do so? Who would you believe? Mean Eddie or innocent looking Deanna?
When Catherine was done with her nap, Deanna took her spot. It seems like nobody will be passing out on the floor tonight.
As the sun started to rise, Catherine searched the stars for a way out of this crazy place. Just as many of the inmates, she didn't think she belonged in an insane asylum.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't Deanna look sweet and beautiful napping? She's like a demented Snow White.

    ReplyDelete

Followers